... Россия, India, Italy

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Flea Market

I spent most of the day at the Izmaylovo market. During the week this is a giant tourist trap but on Saturdays it becomes a giant tourist trap + flea market where you can find anything from nesting dolls to 15 century icons, antiques, stamps, and coins.

I spent most of my day discussing the Calgary Flames, their Stanley cup win, Fluery, the Saddledome, Rocket Richard, Bobby Orr and who ever the goalie in the '72 series was. 


This costs 200 roubles or $6. A $1 bill costs 100 roubles or $3. I wonder if the $1 bill is worth more here or at home. 



Here is my loot from the day:  professional Russia themed patriotic poker cards (they assure me there are 52), a coin from Catherine the Great (re-struck - originals go for $75) and Pushkin's Fairy Tales with traditional illustrations designed for the black lacquer boxes. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home