... Россия, India, Italy

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Food

The food here hasn't been very good to me. The hotels have breakfast provided but quality is depressing. Generally, I skip the hotel breakfast and run off thinking I'll grab a meat pie at the bakery down the street. Before I know it it's 2pm and all I've had is a bottle of water.

The restaurants are A la carte which makes meals either terribly boring or rather expensive for just one person. Which I could live with if I liked what I got.  Unfortunately, livestock by products like butter and eggs are dependant for their flavour on the feed of the animal; the differences in flavour is nauseating. Nothing made from these tastes quite right either. The brown bread tastes rancid but the white is fine. Oddly enough, the meat tastes fine; although, a little bland. I had bear (fresh from the local forest) dumplings for lunch yesterday and couldn't even tell it was wild meat. (I'm seriously suspicious).

Anyway, dinner tonight was lovely, sushi with salmon, avocado and cucumber followed by Perch fish and roasted potatoes. Perch! I don't think I've had Perch in 25 years. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home