... Россия, India, Italy

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kolkata

Although I was most looking forward to Kolkata and the Kalighat temple over everything on my trip, I had originally planned to be in Kolkata 5 days into my trip. I was warned that it was the least safe, and most diffiuclt place to go so I thought I might need a westernized, warm up city. But since I was sick and left 5 days later then expect, I'm here first.

The Kalighat temple is supposed to be a mad house and since I was up at 3 am anyway I decided to do this first light, this morning. Out the door, find a taxi, down to the temple, blessed, fleeced, marked with a red dot (not in that order).

My taxi driver was delighted to have an early fare and offered to give me a driving tour while the city was mostly sleeping. I got a basic look at all the major tourist sites and good geographic orientation. He bought me chai, found me breakfast and gave me my first Indian price negotiation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home