... Россия, India, Italy

Monday, February 27, 2012

Indian Accounting

Much of India is like stepping into the 16th century and the accounting systems are no different except for the invention of carbon paper.

The last hotel I was at provided many services, restaurant, laundry, taxi, room accommodation etc. Each of these services has its one ledger with carbon copy into which each purchase must be written. When I went to the restaurant they would write my order in their book, send one copy to the kitchen and keep one to match to my payment. When I checked out of the hotel there was an entry to the cash book, the laundry book and the room book. That's three things for one payment. Now the system works I'm sure but the hotel staff seems forgetful; writing the laundry down was an after thought and the restaurant staff need help with simple adding. Thats without discussing the tax. Their accountant must go crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home